- Increase productivity of cultivation and processing of sugarcane and of its co-products processing.
- Reduce costs of cultivation and processing of sugarcane and of its co-products processing.
- Diversify sugarcane land use and processing industries.
- Protect sugarcane-growing/producing environment.
- Transfer technologies and promote their adoption.
- Ensure formulation and implementation of appropriate policies and regulatory measures required for the development of the sugar sector by relevant authorities.
- Increase availability of sugarcane varieties with improved commercial attributes in local plantations.
- Improve sugarcane crop management practices.
- Ensure efficient utilization of land, soil and water resources in sugarcane production with minimum environment degradation.
- Diversify sugarcane land use.
- Mechanism sugarcane farming.
- Improve processing efficiency of sugarcane and of its co-products.
- Diversify sugarcane-based products.
- Increase stakeholder knowledge of sugarcane technologies and provide necessary institutional coordination and support for adoption / commercialization of such knowledge.
- Guide authorities for formulation and implementation of policies and regulatory measures.
- Crop improvement.
- Crop and resource management.
- Crop nutrition.
- Crop protection.
- Farm mechanisation.
- Sugarcane processing and product development.
- Technology transfer and development.
Divisions : Technical Divisions:
- Crop Improvement
- Crop and Resource Management
- Crop Nutrition
- Crop Protection
- Mechanisation Technology
- Processing Technology
- Economics, Biometry and Information Technology
- Technology Transfer and Development
Divisions : Support Divisions:
- Administration and Finance
- Research Farm