Our services run deep and are backed by over ten years of experience.
Goal : Increase productivity and profitability of the sugar industry through maintaining pest and disease-free plantations.
- Evaluation of sugarcane varieties for resistance to major sugarcane pests and diseases
- Prevention of introduction of alien pests and diseases
- Evaluation of pest and diseases in sugarcane plantations
- Biological control of the Sugarcane Wooly Aphid
- Development of serological and molecular techniques to detect the causal organisms of the major sugarcane diseases
- Development of more efficient techniques for the screening of pest and disease reactions
- Provision of crop protection services
- Development of an integrated pest management (IPM) practices for sugarcane pests.
- Biological control of sugarcane plant hopper, Pyrilla perpusilla by introducing a parasitoid, Epiricania melanoleuca from Pakistan.
- Management of sugarcane woolly aphid through augmentation of an indigenous moth,Dipha aphidivora.
- Use of natural enemies of sugarcane woolly aphid for the biological control programme and mass rearing for their augmentation and conservation.
- Recommendations of optimum hot-water treatment method to eliminate sugarcane sett-borne diseases
- Recommendations for management of sugarcane white leaf (WLD)/grassy shoot diseases (GSD)
- Identification of WLD/GSD causal phyto-plasma and its vector
- Regular pest and disease surveys.
- Instruction to the sugarcane growers.
- Pest and disease control work.
- Supply of bio-control agents etc.