Our services run deep and are backed by over ten years of experience.
Goal : Sustainable increase of productivity and profitability of the sugar industry by improving its economic aspects, and efficiency of sugarcane research.
- Economic assessment of new technologies developed by the institute
- Assessment of productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation and processing of sugarcane and its co-products
- Economic assessment of policies related to sugar industry and provision of policy guidelines for the development of the sugar industry
- Assessment of adaptability of new of sugarcane varieties
- Analysis of climatic changes of sugarcane-growing areas in Sri Lanka
- Design of experiments.
- Data analysis, interpretation and making inferences.
- Designing and updating of SRI website.
- Supporting for productive use of information technology.
- Economic assessment of cultivation of new varieties, lateral shoot multiplication technique, inter-cropping under sugarcane, production of sugarcane vinegar, juice, mushroom, and animal feed
- Economic assessment of the sugarcane cultivation in Sevanagala, Pelwatte and Hingurana
- Assessment of productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation as compared with other crops in sugarcane-growing areas
- Economic assessment of jaggery and syrup production in Moneragala and Badulla districts
- Identification of factors that caused shifting of sugarcane farmers from sugarcane to other crops at Sevanagala
- Development of a cane pricing formula for the local sugar industry
- Development of an ex-factory sugar pricing formula for Sri Lanka
- Development of an approach for determining optimal replanting cycle for Sri Lankan sugar industry
- Analysis of the impact of macro economic policies on the sugar sector of Sri Lanka and provison of guidelines for sugar sector policy formulation
- Determination of a sampling method to estimate quality parameters of the harvested sugarcane transported to the factory
- Analysis of the characteristics of the rainfall in relation to sugarcane cultivation in Sevanagala
- Identification of temporal trends of climatic variables in Sevanagala and Pelwatte sugar mill areas
- Assessment of varietal adaptability of commercial sugarcane varieties